Top LinkedIn startups in 2021 shine a light on the corporate data stack
The The Transform Technology Summits begin October 13 with Low-Code / No Code: Enabling Enterprise Agility. Register now!
Startups are capitalizing on the growing gaps between corporate data stacks as the stress of retaining customers, securing infrastructure, and keeping virtual teams working together drives rapid change across the industry. Sixty percent of LinkedIn’s top startups in 2021 see companies as the key to the future.
Four of the top 10 startups of 2021 are focused on improving the future of corporate work, including Gong (# 2), Attentive (# 7), Outreach (# 9) and MikMak (# 10) . Startups focusing on improving how businesses operate include GitLab (# 20); AI scale (No.29); ClickUp task management platform (no. 42); Superhuman messaging platform provider (# 44); and the SaaS startup Innovaccer (n ° 46), which creates unified health data. LinkedIn says almost all of the award winners are hiring now, and more than half of the jobs available are for remote roles. Among the top 50 startups, Attentive is a pioneer in remote recruitment. Over the past 18 months, its top remote team has grown 375%, from 200 employees to over 950.
Cybersecurity startups show their momentum
Four of the top-ranked startups focus on security and cybersecurity. OneTrust (# 49) and Rubrik (# 40) are two startups to watch as the pace and scale of business innovation define the markets in which they compete. OneTrust has raised a total of $ 920 million in funding at a valuation of $ 5.3 billion from Insight Partners, Coatue, TCV, SoftBank Vision Fund 2 and Franklin Templeton. Rubrik is a leader in Zero Trust data management, one of the fastest growing and most in-demand areas of enterprise cybersecurity. In August 2021, Microsoft announced that it had invested in Rubrik to provide Microsoft Azure Cloud accounts with new applications and services to defend against ransomware attacks. Microsoft and Rubrik currently share 2,000 customers.
Samsara (# 15) is an industrial IoT leader whose Internet of Things (IoT) portfolio of solutions combines hardware, software and cloud technology to bring real-time visibility, analytics and AI to its customers. operations. The company currently has 20,000 customers in several industries. Samsara is also known for its AI-based security company that provides 24/7 real-time monitoring, visibility and control over construction sites and state-of-the-art vehicle telematics. industry. Verkada (# 16) is a leader in cloud-managed enterprise building security whose platform delivers real-time video data streams integrated with corporate cybersecurity systems. Verkada APIs give customers the flexibility to integrate with Okta, Splunk, and PagerDuty systems. APIs also provide an integration that enables critical notifications in the SIEM platform of choice for customers.
Top 10 LinkedIn startups in 2021
The methodology for selecting the best LinkedIn startups of 2021 is based on job growth, engagement with the company and its employees, interest in the job and the ability to attract talent from the companies listed on LinkedIn’s 2021 Top Companies List. LinkedIn analyzed the activity of startups between July 1, 2020 and June 30, 2021 using its internal methodology. A business must be independent and private, be no more than seven years old, have at least 50 employees, be headquartered in the United States, and have at least 15% employee growth over the period of one year . Analysis of LinkedIn’s Top 10 Startups is powered by proprietary business data mapping of the professional landscape conducted by LinkedIn’s Global News team.
The top 10 LinkedIn startups in 2021 are presented below:
- Better.com – Focusing on the need to own a home, Better.com funds more than $ 4 billion in mortgages per month. After the company hired hospitality workers who were laid off in 2020, it plans to hire at least 2,000 Google Career Certificate graduates over the next three years.
- Gong – Newcomer Gong helps businesses get the most from their sales pipeline and maximize customer loyalty. Over 2,000 innovative companies like Paychex, PayPal, HubSpot, LinkedIn, MuleSoft, Shopify, Slack, SproutSocial, Twilio, and Zillow trust Gong to fuel customer interactions and relationships. Gong recently announced that no employee needs to be physically present in the office until August 2022 and will now have both full-time remote and hybrid roles.
- More shiny – The direct-to-consumer beauty business returns after making the 2019 list. After an $ 80 million funding round in July, the business plans to return to physical retailing globally this year while preserving the health of employees through programs such as “mental escape days”.
- Discord – Debuting on this year’s roster, Discord has grown from a gaming chat app to over 150 million monthly users. The company is currently focused on hiring software development positions to join its “location agnostic” business.
- Brex – Amounting No.14 on last year’s list, the first all-in-one remote finance platform for businesses has raised over $ 940 million in venture capital and grown to over 600 employees with small offices in San Francisco, New York and Salt Lake City.
- Club house – Another newcomer to the list, the audio-based social app lets people roam freely in chat rooms with podcast-style conversations, panel discussions, and networking opportunities.
- Attentive – Up one place from last year, the text-based marketing solutions company announced a Series E investment in March 2021 backed by leading venture capitalists. Attentive has over 70 open remote positions on LinkedIn today and is one of this year’s top 50 fastest growing workforce startups.
- From youth to the people – The cosmetics startup, also new to this year’s list, creates consciously sourced skin care products with nutrient-dense, vegan superfood blends.
- Sensitization – Making its second appearance in the top 10, the sales engagement platform manages business interactions through email, voice and social media, leveraging machine learning to increase productivity and generate business opportunities. sale.
- MikMak – New to this year’s list, the Ecommerce Acceleration Platform helps multi-channel brands market directly to consumers. He works with big brands like Calvin Klein, L’Oréal, Hershey’s and Colgate.
Business-focused startups will thrive with remote working
The majority of open positions among LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups in 2021 are virtual. Attracting the right talent at the right time is essential for businesses to grow. These rising star companies don’t have time to waste on whether someone will be working virtually or in an office. Considering the pace at which many companies are hiring today, these top 50 startups moved beyond the remote-to-office debate over a year ago. Remote work teams prove they can deliver results. Closing the gaps in enterprise data stacks by solving customer retention, cybersecurity and team collaboration challenges demands nothing less.
VentureBeat’s mission is to be a digital public place for technical decision-makers to learn about transformative technology and conduct transactions. Our site provides essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you in managing your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the topics that interest you
- our newsletters
- Closed thought leader content and discounted access to our popular events, such as Transform 2021: Learn more
- networking features, and more
Become a member